7 Reasons to Work With a REALTORŪ
REALTORS® aren’t just agents. They’re professional members of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict code of ethics. This is the REALTOR® difference for home buyers:
- An expert guide. Selling a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there’s a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
- Objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. REALTORs®can use that data to help you determine if the property has what you need.
- Property marketing power. Property doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. A large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts with previous clients, friends, and family. When a property is marketed by a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Negotiation knowledge. There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A REALTOR® will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility you need to take that next step.
- Up-to-date experience. Most people sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each sale. Even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their career.
- Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most people, property represents the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
- Ethical treatment. Every REALTOR® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a REALTOR®’s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters.
Check out our FREE Guidebooks!
A collection of how-tos, checklists, and worksheets to help buyers and sellers understand what to expect during the real estate purchasing experience.
Check out the Public Awareness Campaign television and radio spots that encourage consumers to rely on the expertise and integrity of REALTORS®.
Now in its ninth year, the NAR advertising campaign runs February through November on Network television, Cable television, Network radio, and Satellite radio.
NAR’s newest campaign creative highlights how REALTORS® bring unflinching optimism to home buying and selling. Through :15 and :30 TV spots, digital ads, online video and social media posts, the campaign engages consumers about all the ways REALTORS® bring assurance, enthusiasm and a healthy dose of “yes we can” to the process of home buying and selling.