CPAR Response and Resources Related to COVID-19
CPAR is committed to publishing every state & national update that is important to our Members on this page.
We are taking necessary precautions and will be postponing all physical meetings and events. Member Services will remain intact during this time. We ask that if you need to buy a lock box or need one-on-one time with a staff member, that you please call ahead to make an appointment.
**Scam Alert: An individual is calling businesses and impersonating the CDC, Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulations, CFO Jimmy Patronis etc. threatening to impose fines and arrest employees if the business does not shut down. This is a scam. Only local law enforcement has the authority to do such. Please contact local law enforcement if you receive any calls like this.
CPAR Response to COVID-19 Summary
- CPAR office will be closed though the end of April 2020. Staff will remain available via phone, appointment www.cpar.us/staff
- Committees will meet via conference call/video utilizing Zoom meetings. Committee Members will be contacted with info via email regarding connecting.
- New Members will be given an additional 30 days to meet the 90 day New Member course requirements.
- The Roy Crecelius Golf Tournament has been rescheduled for June 19, 2020
- Click Here for CPAR's letter to local elected official's asking them to allow real estate to be considered an essential business.
Commercial Real Estate Updates
NAR recommendations click here
CCIM recommendations click here
Property Management recommendations click here
Updates from Florida Realtors
- Click Here for Florida Realtors Covid-19 Website
- 4/6/2020 Click Here for video "When It Comes To Contracts, Is Coronavirus a "Force Majeure?"
- 3/31/2020 Click Here to read the Florida Realtors White Paper "Covid-19 and Contract Performance"
- 3/30/2020 Click Here to read more about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act: Provisions for REALTORS® and Their Consumers
- 3/26/2020 Realtors Covered in $2T Economic Relief Package Read More
- 3/23/20 Click Here for update on Open Houses - Open Houses MUST adhere to CDC guidelines
- 03/20/20 - Click here for FAQs about the COVID-19 Addendum. Click here for a video update about the addendum and contracts affected by COVID19
- 3/19/20 There is an Addendum form pertaining to Covid-19 now available in Forms Simplicity, if any members have specific questions, they are encouraged to call the Legal Hotline.
Updates from National Association of Realtors
- Click Here for National Associations of Realtors Covid-19 Website
- Click Here to read about NAR Healthcare Member Benefits & Telehealth
- 4/6/2020 Click Here for Nar's Coronavirus: Mortgage and Personal Finance FAQs
- 4/2/2020 Click Here to read more about NAR's Free Telehealth
- 4/1/2020 Click here for Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act: Provisions for REALTORS® and Their Consumers
- 4/1/2020 Click here for Coronavirus Advocacy FAQs: RE Transactions, Independent Contractors, NAR Grants
- 3/31/2020 NAR recommended resources for working from home. Click Here
- 3/27/2020 NAR Acts to Aid Members Immediately with Right Tools Right Now. Click Here
- 3/25/2020 Coronavirus Emergency Legislation: Your RPAC Dollars are at work! Click Here
- 3/23/2020 A Special Message from Bob Goldberg and Vince Malta on COVID-19 Click Here
- 3/23/2020 NAR's Advocacy work towards COVID-19 relief Click Here
- Coronavirus Guide for Realtors Click Here
- Coronavirus Guide for Employers Click Here
CPAR Physical Office Closed
CPAR Offices are closed through the end of April, however, all member services remain intact and staff will be working remotely.
Need a lock box or one-on-one assistance? Please call to make an appointment! 850-763-8078
Contact us directly at 850763-8078 or at www.cpar.us/staff
--CEO: ext 17
--MLS Director: ext 19
--MLS Support: ext 13
--Education: ext 15
--Membership: ext 12
--Marketing: ext 14
--Admin/Ethics: ext 18
Are you Self-Quarantining at home? Ways to evolve your skills:
--CPAR YouTube channel has training videos: CLICK HERE (make sure to subscribe!)
--Flex Training Videos: In Flex, Click on Help, then "Video Training"
--Get your C2EX Endorsement: https://www.c2ex.realtor/
--Take care of your CEs online with Rowlett Real Estate School: CLICK HERE
--More CE options available through The CEShop: CLICK HERE
--Complete your 2020 Census: CLICK HERE
Details for April cancellations/postponements:
MLS Meeting 4/7: remote, via Zoom
Education Meeting 4/9: remote, via Zoom
Communications Meeting 4/9: remote, via Zoom
RPAC Meeting 4/9: remote, via Zoom
YPN Meeting 4/14: remote, via Zoom
Governmental Affairs Meeting 4/16: remote, via Zoom
CPAR Board of Director’s Meeting on April 22nd will be held remotely.
CPAR Golf Tournament
Golf tournament has been re-scheduled for June 19, 2020.
CPAR's Virtual Classes Click Here
*NOTE* Regarding New Member Orientation Requirements:
New Member Orientation will be held remotely via Zoom Webinar on 4/28/20
Updates from our 5 County Service Area
Update from Bay County, FL
Click here for daily updates from Bay County, FL regarding Covid-19.
Update from Calhoun County, FL
Click here for an update from Calhoun County, FL regarding Covid-19.
Update from Holmes County, FL
Click here for an update from Holmes County, FL regarding Covid-19.
Update from Jackson County, FL
Click here for an update from Jackson County, FL regarding Covid-19.
Update from Washington County, FL
Click here for updates from Washington County, FL regarding Covid-19.
Update from DBPR
The Florida Association of Counties has shared a dashboard which compiles extremely helpful information about the responses to COVID 19 by counties around the state . This information can be found at https://flicg.org/covid-19-resources-2/.
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation has provided a copy of the attached order explaining that all timeframes or action by the DBPR or Florida Real Estate Commission are tolled until May 31st. This is a different order from the one signed to extend the March 31st renewal deadline by 30 days. This order does not extend the renewal until May 31st. CLICK HERE TO READ ORDER.
Notably, this order tolls the time for action on new applications for licensure. We have also learned that testing has been tolled by Pearson VUE, the exclusive testing vendor for real estate applicants in Florida. This means you may temporarily see fewer new members during this time, as well as a delay for sales associates to upgrade to broker. The website states:
Due to increasing concern for the health and safety of our candidates and our employees and in response to government guidance and difficulty procuring the critical hygienic products that keep our test centers safe, we are temporarily closing our U.S.-based Pearson VUE-owned and operated Pearson Professional Centers (PPCs) starting Tuesday, March 17.Candidates can reschedule their exams for appointments starting April 16 and beyond if conditions allow.
Updated: March 16, 2020
Additional information can be found on the Pearson Vue COVID 19 page at https://home.pearsonvue.com/coronavirus-update.
Update From ShowingTime
Due to overwhelming agent demand and a desire for the safest possible showings for all concerned, ShowingTime will be updating all current listings and the default for new listings to be “No Overlapping Showings” so that by default two showing agents won’t be scheduled to be in the same property at the same time. Agents and offices can change their defaults later when or if they deem it appropriate, but we want to make sure that the default assumption on any listings in the ShowingTime system is “no overlap” unless specifically designated by the listing agent or listing office.
As always, ShowingTime is here, available, and working hard to do all that we can to make sure you are kept informed and safe during these trying times. We are keeping the page updated daily on the impact of COVID-19 on showings here: https://www.showingtime.com/impact-of-coronavirus/ and will continue to keep you updated as we learn things or make changes to help MLSs, brokers, and agents through this process.
- Click here for a guide to Small Business Loans from www.sba.gov
- Click here for Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses
- Click here for CARES Act: Recovery Check FAQ
- CDC Coronavirus website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- Bay County Emergency Services Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BayCountyFLEmergencyServices/
- Text "bayhealth" to 888777 to sign up for updates from Bay County Health Department
- Florida Department of Health Confirmed Cases of COVID-19: http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19
- Live data on cases of Coronavirus: https://ncov2019.live/
- Governor DeSantis directed all agencies to suspend for 30 days licensing and registration renewal requirements for existing processional licenses (e.g. realtors).
- CLICK HERE to see the Emergency Order from the Governor