FREE Disaster Recovery Resource Fair to help families impacted by Hurricane Michael on their road to recovery
WHEN: Saturday, January 26th -- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. CT
WHERE: A.D. Harris Learning Village - 819 East 11th St. - Panama City, FL 32401
Event is accessible by Bay Town Trolley on MLK and E. 11th Street
Snacks and Giveaways
Activities Provided for Kids
More information on the flyer HERE.
As we recover from Hurricane Michael, I wanted to communicate the importance of having your data up to date in Flex. Accurate data is tremendously important to everyone as businesses, homeowners and renters are trying to relocate. Everyone is relying on our data to move forward.
- If you come across a listing that is incorrect, please utilize the "Report Violation" button in the top right, so Richard and Josh can reach out to the listing member to see if they need help with updating the listing.
- Two new fields have been added in FlexMLS to help gather data on Hurricane Damage and the amount of time it will take to return listings to a livable status.
One field is called "Hurricane Damage" and it has options of Red, Yellow, or Green.
The definition of the classifications are:
- Red – Severely Damaged, not habitable, possibly lost from inventory
- Yellow – Minor damage, possibly habitable after X days of mitigation work
- Green – Currently habitable even though minor work may be necessary, i.e. re-roofing, or other damage, trees and debris that are safe and not impeding access
The other field is called "Mitigation Time (Estimated)" and has choices of 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, and 180+ days.
These are PRIVATE fields, and WILL NOT display anywhere outside of the MLS.
It is imperative that we utilize these fields as much as possible. Not only is this useful information for other members, but data that is collected for these fields will be used to generate reports for officials at the local and state government and also for officials for Tyndall AFB to help determine the viability of housing in our area. Please make sure you are updating the fields and asking all of your fellow REALTORs to update their's as well.
NAR Disaster Relief
NAR has provided us a form for disaster relief assistance. Please click the button below for a copy of the form and email directly to RRFclaims@floridarealtors.org. Click here for an article with more information about this relief program.
CPAR Disaster Relief
CPAR has created a benevolence for disaster relief assistance. Please click the button below for a copy of the form and complete it to apply for assistance.
Renewing FR and NAR Dues will be waived in 2019!
If you were a primary member when Hurricane Michael hit on October 10th, your FR and NAR dues and fees will be waived for 2019! This is a 45% reduction in your annual dues! More information available at www.cpar.us/dues
Your billing has been updated and payments are once again available on the member portal. Remember that 4th Quarter MLS dues were due on October 15th, so please make sure to pay those ASAP.
MLS and Supra Support IS available!
Call (850) 630-9054 for Josh, or (850) 902-2954 for Richard. You can also call the main line at 850-763-8078.
Our office is also open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Other important links for official information
BEST Source for ALL of the information regarding recovery: https://www.floridadisaster.org/info
- Florida Realtors Disaster Relief Fund Page - https://www.floridarealtors.org/aboutfar/disasterrelieffund/
- BayEDA Recovery Resources for Businesses - Click Here
- Bay County Emergency Services Page - https://www.facebook.com/BayCountyFLEmergencyServices/
- State Emergency Response Team - https://www.floridadisaster.org/
- Information on HUD Disaster Relief programs - https://www.floridarealtors.org/NewsAndEvents/article.cfm?p=1&id=372635
- Florida Realtors FAQ and additional articles - https://www.floridarealtors.org/AboutFar/DisasterReliefFund/Disaster-Relief-Efforts.cfm
- FREE Legal Assistance Available - CLICK HERE
- List of open child care centers in the area: CLICK HERE
- Business Disaster Recovery Assistance - http://floridasbdc.org/services/business-continuation/disaster/
- Business Damage Assessments - https://floridadisaster.biz/BusinessDamageAssessments
- News Herald Article on Assistance Available for Small Businesses - CLICK HERE
- Replacing Lost or Damaged Documents - CLICK HERE
- Dr. Neal Dunn Hurricane Recovery Resource Guide - CLICK HERE