Register to Vote
As a member of the REALTOR® Party, NAR and CPAR encourage you to vote for candidates and issues that build strong communities, protect property interests, and promote a vibrant business environment at the local, state and national levels.
Deadline to Register
Eligible individuals can register to vote at any time. The deadline to register in order to participate in an upcoming election is 29 days before the election. The registration deadlines for 2020 are:
- Presidential Preference Primary Election: February 18*
- Primary Election: July 20
- General Election: October 5
*Due to federal holiday, the deadline moved from Monday, February 17 to Tuesday, February 18.
Early Voting Period
By law, early voting must be held at least for 8 days. The mandatory early voting periods for 2020 are:
- Presidential Preference Primary Election: March 7 – 14
- Primary Election: August 8 – 15
- General Election: October 24 – 31
Each county Supervisor of Elections may offer more days of early voting from one or more of the following days:
- Presidential Preference Primary Election: March 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 15
- Primary Election: August 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 16
- General Election: October 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and November 1
Check with your county Supervisor of Elections for the additional days of early voting that may be offered in your county.